Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bright Side?

Ever heard somebody say, "Look on the bright side." ?

I hear it all the time, but tonight i heard it in a completely different context.
"Bright side?, what bright side, its fuckin' dark out here."

I was hanging out with four of my friends, Jesse, Lesaca, Benedict, and D'Alba, at the mall parking lot after Jesse got off of work. As soon as Jesse walks up to us, he began commenting on how shitty his life was. I don't know why it's shitty, but to him it was the most depressing time of his life. The conversation started with, "2008 sucks," and it just rolled on from there. Apparently even though we are still only in the first week of this New Year, he has already determined that it’s going to be hell. Once he was done venting, Lesaca made the comment about the bright side being dark. Now it could have been taken as sarcasm just because it was dark outside, but it was just that he said it, it was how he said it. It echoed in my head with a deep sense of pain behind it. Well because there aren’t too many things I take seriously, I retorted with a sarcastic comment of my own. "It's as if your silver lining has turned to lead." After which D’Alba said told me how deep what I said was, and that it hit him and everybody else really hard. Now I wasn’t trying to, but apparently I made everybody come to some strange realization. And Jesse just up and left.

Now I might be narrow sighted, but from my point of view there is nothing for him to be depressed about. He has parents who love and support him, he has a steady job, he’s enrolled in college, he has an awesome girlfriend, and a great group of friends who would do just about anything to help each other out. I don’t know, maybe I’m just in denial and can’t realize how fucked up the world is around me. Maybe the silver lining really has turned to lead and this cloud’s going to come crashing down. Who knows, only time will tell.

Good night, and don’t forget to look to look to the bright side. If there is one.

1 comment:

♥ JellyBean Madison ♥ said...

Awwwwwww huggles my Dilli Monkey!